Frequently Asked Questions – 2013 Dream Lottery 4 Kids
Updated: July 12, 2013
What is the DreamLottery4Kids?
- The 2013 Dream Lottery 4 Kids is an equal partnership between the Children’s Hospital Foundation and St. Boniface Hospital Foundation designed to raise funds in support of child health care initiatives, health research and patient care.
How many tickets are being sold?
- Only 35,000 buyers can get in for the 131,400 Grand Prize lottery tickets offered for sale
- The number of 50/50 Plus tickets are limited based on the maximum value of the 50/50 which is $1,050,000. The winner will receive 50% of the final total. The 50/50 Plus total will be determined by the number of 50/50 tickets sold by the lottery’s final cut-off date or early sell-out date.
How much are tickets?
- 2013 Dream Lottery 4 Kids main ticket packages are as follows: 22,800 – 2 tickets for $100, 10,800 – 6 tickets for $250, and 1,400 – 15 tickets for $500
- 50/50 ticket packages are: a single ticket for $10, 6 tickets for $25, or a 20 tickets for $50
I see you are offering two main lottery tickets for $100 – can I buy just one Grand Prize lottery prize ticket for $50?
- No, we are not selling single Grand Prize lottery tickets for $50.
Can I buy a 50/50 Plus ticket by itself?
- No, you must buy one of the 2013 Dream Lottery 4 Kids main ticket packages to be eligible to purchase a 50/50 Plus ticket.
Can I buy a 50/50 Plus ticket after I place my original order?
- No, all 50/50 Plus tickets must be ordered in conjunction with your 2013 Dream Lottery 4 Kids main ticket order. 50/50 Plus ticket orders cannot be added to your original 2013 Dream Lottery 4 Kids main ticket order one it has been processed.
What is the minimum/maximum payout for the 50/50 Plus Draw?
- The winner of the 50/50 Plus will receive half of the guaranteed minimum of $250,000. The maximum amount to be won will be determined by the total number of 50/50 Plus tickets sold prior to the final cutoff October 4, 2013 with the 50/50 Plus draw winner receiving half of the final total to a maximum of $1,050,000.
Where can I buy tickets?
- Order online at dreamlottery4kids.ca
- By phone from within Manitoba – toll-free at 1-855-940-5437
- At London Drugs in the St. Vital Mall.
- At the Artista luxury Grand Prize Home located at 20 Waterstone Drive in Winnipeg during select hours.
- By either fax or mail using this downloadable form.
- At the Children’s Hospital Foundation and/or the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation during normal office hours.
What Methods of Payment do you accept?
- Visa, Visa Debit, and MasterCard’s are accepted at all ticket selling venues.
- Mail in orders can be processed with Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, cheque or money order. In person purchases can paid for with cash, debit, Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, cheque or money order.
- All cheques must be payable to the St-Boniface Hospital Foundation.
What happens if a bad payment is received (ie. NSF cheque, invalid credit card)?
- A ticket is not considered purchased until a verified financial transaction is complete.
- The St-Boniface Hospital Foundation may invoice persons with NSF cheques $30 to cover administrative costs.
When will my tickets arrive in the mail?
- Allow 2-3 weeks for your tickets to arrive.
How old do I have to be to buy tickets?
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
Can tickets be purchased in the name of my minor aged children or grandchildren?
- No, tickets cannot be purchased in the name of a minor.
If I live outside of Manitoba can I purchase tickets?
- Non-residents can only purchase tickets in person at one of our designated outlets within Manitoba.
Is my ticket purchase tax deductible?
- No, hospital lottery tickets are not tax deductible.
Can I choose specific ticket numbers?
- No, ticket numbers are consecutive and computer-generated.
How many names can I put on my ticket?
- One name only. Tickets are issued in the buyers name only and prizes will only be awarded to the buyer. It is the responsibility of the ticket buyer to ensure the mailing address on their ticket order form is correct. The buyer is responsible for distributing any prizes in the event of a group purchase winning.
What happens if I lose my tickets?
- You do not need your ticket to claim your prize. Your name, address and phone number is recorded in the lottery purchase database along with your ticket numbers. All winners receive a prize notification letter in the mail.
IMPORTANT CUT-OFF & DRAW DATE INFO:
When are the Bonus Cut-off & Draw dates?
Bonus #1: Cut-off date Thursday, August 1, 2013 at Midnight. Draw date Friday, August 16, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. at the offices of the St-Boniface Hospital Foundation located at the St. Boniface Hospital in Room C1026.
Bonus #2: Cut-off date Friday, August 23, 2013 at Midnight. Draw date Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. at the offices of the St-Boniface Hospital Foundation.
End of Summer Bonus: Cut-off date Friday, September 13, 2013 at Midnight. Draw date Friday, September 27, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. at the offices of St-Boniface Hospital Foundation.
When is the Early Bird Cut-off and draw?
- Cut-off date Friday, September 27, 2013 at Midnight.
- Early Bird Prizes draws will take place October 22, 2013 from 9:00am to 9:30am at the offices of the St-Boniface Hospital Foundation.
When is the final cut-off for Grand Prize and 50/50 Plus ticket sales?
- If we do not sell out early, the final ticket sales cutoff date is Friday October 4, 2013 at Midnight.
When will the Grand Prize, 50/50, and other draws take place?
- Prize draws (excluding the 50/50 Plus Draw, the Dream Grand Prize and the Dream Daily Cash Giveaway Prizes) will be drawn at the St-Boniface Hospital Foundation offices at C1026-409 Taché Avenue beginning on Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. and, if required, continuing on Wednesday Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. until completed. These draws will be in order of ascending retail value (with the exception of the Dream Daily Cash Giveaway Prizes).
- The 50/50 Plus draw will be held on Friday, October 25, 2013 between 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. at the luxurious Dream Grand Prize Home located at 20 Waterstone Drive in Winnipeg.
- The first sixty-four (64) Dream Daily Cash Giveaway Prize draws will be held on Friday, October 25 between 10:00am and 11:00am at the Artista Dream Grand Prize Home located at 20 Waterstone Drive in Winnipeg. Each of the sixty-four individual winner’s names will be announced (once each day on our website) beginning October 28 through to Dec 31st, 2013. Prizes will be awarded each Friday of each week to that week’s winners.
- The Final Dream Daily Cash draw worth $15,000 will be held at 9am on Monday December 23, 2013 at the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation offices. The winner of this draw will be announced on our website on Dec. 31st, 2013. This prize will be awarded on or before Friday January 3, 2014.
If I win one of the Dream Home’s how soon can I take possession?
Title transfer dates are as follows:
- Dream Grand Prize Home Option 1 by Artista would be on November 30, 2013.
- Grand Prize Home Option 2 Streetside home would be on December 31, 2013.
- Title transfer for the Scottsdale Arizona home would be on November 30, 2013.
What if the Dream Lottery 4 Kids sells out early? Will that change the draw dates?
- Yes. If the 2013 Manitoba Dream Lottery 4 Kids sells out prior to Midnight, Friday, September 13, 2013, the following alternative draw dates will apply:
- Early Bonus #1, Early Bonus #2 and the End of Summer Bonus Prize draw dates remain unchanged.
- Early Bird Prize draws will take place October 8, 2013 from 9:00am and 9:30am at the St-Boniface Hospital Foundation.
- All remaining prize draws (excluding the 50/50 Plus Draw, the Grand Prize and the Dream Daily Cash Giveaway Prizes) will take place at the St-Boniface Hospital Foundation offices beginning October 8, 2013 between 9:30am and 5:30pm and, if required, will continue on October 9, 2013 at 9:00am until fully completed.
- The first sixty-four Dream Daily Cash Giveaway Prize Draws will be held on October 11, 2013 between 10:00am and 11:00am at the Artista Grand Prize Home located at 20 Waterstone Drive. Please note, the sixty-four winners names would still be announced (once each day on our website) beginning October 28 through to December 31st, 2013 with prizes being awarded weekly to the winners. The draw date of the $15,000 Final Daily Dream Cash Giveaway Prize will remain unchanged and will still occur on December 23, 2013.
- The Grand Prize and 50/50 Plus draws will be held on October 11, 2013 between the hours of 6:00am and 9:00am at the Artista Grand Prize Home located at 20 Waterstone Drive.
How many prizes are there in total and what is the total prize value?
- There are 4,132 prizes.
- The total retail prize value is $2,850,321.98 (excluding taxes)
Can my ticket numbers win more than one prize?
- Yes! Each ticket is eligible to win one prize in each prize category. After each prize category draw is completed, all the winners are recorded and their tickets go back in the barrel for the next prize category draw.
Does the Dream Lottery 4 Kids offer cash equivalents on all its prizes?
- No, all prizes will be awarded as outlined in our rules and regulation.
How is the draw controlled?
- Draws are controlled in accordance with Manitoba Gaming Control Commission regulations.
How will I know if I’ve won? How do I claim my prize?
- All prize winners will be notified by mail as to what they have won and where/how to claim their prize(s).
- All winners with options will receive a letter outlining prize claiming procedure.
- All winners will be required to present their prize notification letter and picture identification when picking up prizes.
- A list of winning ticket numbers will be posted on the Dream Lottery 4 Kids website: dreamlottery4kids.ca shortly after all draws have been completed. Also, a winners list will be posted in the Winnipeg Free Press on Thursday, November 1st, 2013 and in case of a sell out before midnight on September 13th, 2013, will be published in the Free Press on Friday October 18th, 2013
How long do I have to claim my prize?
- Prizes must be claimed within 3 months (90 Days).
- All unclaimed prizes become property of the St-Boniface Hospital Foundation after a period of three months.
- Lottery Customer Relations will follow-up with one phone call after the initial prize notification letter has been sent out in an effort to try and contact those who have not claimed their prizes after 2 months.
- Winning ticket holders can request to donate their prize to the Foundation in exchange for a tax receipt equal to advertised retail value of their prize.
- Winners will be required to present picture identification when picking up their prizes.
What happens if I can’t pick up my prize in person?
- If someone other than the winner is claiming a non-cash prize on the winner’s behalf, the winner must provide written and signed authorization along with the original prize winning letter and a copy of his/her picture identification.
- Further details on how to claim your prizes will be included in the notification letter winners receive.
- If you have any other questions regarding the awarding of prizes, please call Lottery Customer Relations at 204-237-2960
Do I have to pay tax on my prize winnings?
- Lottery winnings are considered a windfall and not taxable in Canada.
Who is not allowed to buy a ticket?
- All employees and all Members on the Board of Directors of both the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba and the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation are prohibited from purchasing tickets. As well, members of the licensed gaming suppliers providing services to this lottery are also not allowed to buy tickets.
What is done with the Dream Lottery 4 Kids proceeds?
- Proceeds from Dream Lottery 4 Kids are used by the Children’s Hospital Foundation and the St-Boniface Hospital to provide quality child health care and facilitate world-class health research and patient care at both institutions.
Why are you giving away millions of dollars in prizes in a lottery?
- The Dream Lottery 4 Kids provides both the Children’s Hospital Foundation and the St-Boniface Hospital Foundation with a much needed revenue stream that allows us to fund patient care programs and research activities. The lottery is self-supporting. Ticket sales generate enough revenue to not only cover the entire cost of running the lottery (i.e. prizes, etc.,) but they also provide additional revenues that are then directed to meet the needs of the both the Winnipeg Children’s Hospital and the St. Boniface Hospital.
- The DreamLottery4Kids is administered by the St-Boniface Hospital Foundation and the Children’s Hospital Foundation and all private information collected during the course of running this lottery is governed by the privacy policies of the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba, the St-Boniface Hospital Foundation, and the Province of Manitoba.
- The two Hospital Foundations do not rent, sell or trade their mailing lists to anyone.
If I am on your mailing list what can I expect to receive?
- Mailings would include the following:
- Invitations to special events & lectures
- Information on future lotteries
If I wish to be taken off your mailing list who do I contact?
- Simply contact email@example.com or call 204-237-2960 and leave a message.
If I have any further questions about the DreamLottery4Kids, who do I contact?
- Visit our website at dreamlottery4kids.ca for more information. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Customer Relations at 204-237-2960.